Friday, September 6, 2013

9/30 Things - Influential People

        We are impacted by everyone we meet and every experience we have, in one way or another.  Sometimes we can be influenced by those we have never met, but have read about or know of.  Those influences can be either good, bad, or neutral.  Usually, those who make the biggest impact on our lives will be remembered for always.  I chose the people on this list because they have made an impact on my life in one way or another.  I honestly don't think of myself as a very easily influenced person, but I wanted to do this challenge, so I'm just going to go with what pops in my head!


  1. Jesus.  He died on the cross not just for me but for everyone, and has given us the gift of eternal life. 
  2. My husband.  He loves me unconditionally, and we have grown a lot together as a couple, as parents, and both in maturity and spirituality.  He is my life partner, and he has taught me so much.
  3. My pastor.  He has a hunger for God that I have not seen in many people.
  4. My mom. She's the most selfless person I know, she would do anything for anyone without thinking twice.
  5. My mother-in-law.  She's an extremely hard worker, and she's one of the most forgiving and loving people I've ever met.
  6. Gianna Jessen. While I haven't had the chance to meet her, she's been such an inspiration and has encouraged me to fight for the pro-life cause, and fight to end abortion.  She survived an abortion attempt in her mother's womb which left her disabled (but not defeated!), and now is a strong voice for the unborn.



        I struggled to think of more than 6 (the challenge was for 10) so I left it at that.  What does it take for someone to earn a spot on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment