- 1 c. Penne (or other pasta noodles) cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 package Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 c, chopped onions
- 1 c. chopped green & red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. chopped celery
- 2 tsp. oil
- 3. tbsp bacon grease (I always have some on hand, frozen in a mason jar in my freezer)
- 1. tbsp butter
- 4 small potatoes diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c. small cubes sharp cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Franks Red Hot Sauce - or other hot sauce of your choice
- In a large skillet, melt down your bacon grease, butter, & oil. Add potatoes, and toss until coated. Put on the lid, and cook on Medium/Medium-High for about 10 minutes, until potatoes start to soften.
- Remove lid, and cook on Medium-High, tossing occasionally, to brown and crisp up.
- Meanwhile, put your sausage, onion, peppers, and celery in a skillet, cover with a lid, and cook on medium high for about 10 minutes until veggies soften. Remove lid and continue to cook until the meat browns slightly.
- Add your diced tomatoes and a few splashes of hot sauce to the sausage mixture, and stir until it's all heated through.
- Salt & Pepper everything, and sprinkle Parm cheese liberally over the sausage mixture.
- At this point, you may mix the potatoes in, or you can serve them seperately if you wish.
- After plating the dinner, top with some sharp cheddar cheese cubes.
- Serve with dinner rolls and/or a salad =) Enjoy!