What you'll need:
- A baby swing that currently runs on batteries!
- A simple phone/bluetooth charger (anything 5 or 6 volts will work)
- A wire cutter/stripper
- Heat Shrink Tubing or Electrical Tape
- A screwdriver
What to do, what to do:
- Remove the outer top shell from your swing, typically this will consist of removing anywhere from 8-12 phillips-head screws, then popping the casing off.
- Find the red (+) & black (-) wires that run from the motor to the battery casing.
- Cut both wires somewhere along their path (preferably an inch or two from the battery casing.)
- Cut the phone-jack end off of your phone charger also.
- Strip both the red&black swing wires & the red&black charger wires about an inch or two.
- Slide a 3-4inch section of heat shrink tubing onto one of the red wires, and one of the black. (optional)
- Match up the colors and do the twist. (red goes with red.... and - yea you got it.)
- You can now cover the exposed wires with electrical tape if you didn't go with the heat shrink tubing.
- If you used the heat shrink tubing method, go ahead and heat it up and watch it shrink! So magical..
- Now make sure that the combined wires are aligned so that they aren't squashed when you replace the top shell (there's usually a small hole that the battery cover snaps into, you can just feed the wire out of there.
- Replace the top shell, replace the screws. Voila!