Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken

Sometimes the best things in life are surprises!  This can be extremely true or extremely untrue when talking about food!  I've made some delicious award-winning (according to my panel of judges - my family) creations by messing around in the kitchen with random ingredients.  However this has also occasionally resulted in some horribly, disfigured creations that our dog wouldn't even eat.
While the latter is a pretty rare occurrence, there's always that ping of fear as I wait with my finger on speed-dial to the nearest pizza joint, for my newest creation to finish cooking.
Luckily tonight's dinner was a pleasant surprise, and my husband (who I consider my biggest critic - damn Italians, spoiled by good family cookin'!) even said it was great!
PS: On a side note, I found French's Fried Onions in Cheddar flavor in the store last week, I was extremely excited to take them home and try them!  Yes I sometimes snack on them straight from the container while making dinner.. don't judge me!

Ingredients (2-3 servings):

  •  5-6 Chicken Tenderloins (I used frozen)
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken
  • 6oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
  • 1/2 C. Milk
  • 1 C. Frozen Broccoli
  • 2-3 All-Purpose Potatoes, cubed
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • French's Fried Onions (Cheddar flavor!)

Directions:

  1. Turn your SlowCooker to High, and add frozen chicken tenderloins.
  2. In a small bowl mix: Cream of Chicken, Milk, Water, Ricotta, Salt & Pepper
  3. Pour overtop of chicken tenderloins. 
  4. Let this cook for about an hour, covered.
  5. Turn heat to Low, add potatoes, and continue cooking, covered, another 2 hours.
  6. Add Broccoli, and continue cooking, covered, another hour.
  7. Serve with a spoon (You'll want to get plenty of that delicious sauce on your plate!)
  8. Sprinkle generously with Shredded Cheddar & French's Fried Onions.
  9. Enjoy!
Let me know if you tried this recipe and if you enjoy it =)  Also if you have any tips, suggesitons, or questions, feel free to ask!



No comments:

Post a Comment